Re: [Adonthell-general] crash on execution

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] crash on execution
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:10:57 +0100

On Thursday 07 March 2002 03:34, you wrote:
> Ok, i just finished compiling the mass of stuff needed to get adonthell
> working. My machine is a dual Pentium Pro 200mhz, with 128mb ram
>
> Uname:
> FreeBSD Aclis 4.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE #2: Sun Jan 13 14:12:08 EST
> 2002     address@hidden:/usr/src/sys/compile/ACLIS  i386
>
> Compiler ver:
> Using builtin specs.
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) [FreeBSD]
>
> on execution i get the error:
> Aclis% adonthell wastesedge
> Using 16bpp depth: 320x240.
> Audio started in 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo format.
> XXX rd_object called with exception set
> exec_file: init load failed!

Hm. That's the same error JT had the other day. Unfortunately, you can't
solve it by installing the debian packages ;).

I'm not sure what the problem is. I cannot really imagine that it is a
problem with the data file, but it might well be the case. Cirrus, can you
check that?

As for tracking down the problem, there are several things you can do:
Configure Adonthell with the --enable-py-debug switch. Make clean and remake.
Then see whether a more detailed error message comes up.

You can also try to run adonthell with the -g option and the path to the
wastesedge-0.3.1 directory. If there is a problem with the python bytecode of
the installed data, this should work then.

And please tell us what version of Python you use.

Anyone any further ideas?