Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell article on holarse

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell article on holarse
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:30:26 +0200

On 06 Apr 2002 17:04:54 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Uh, just found this one out:
> > http://holarse.wue.de/index.php?content=adonthell
>
> The link to the corresponding news item seems worthy too:
> http://holarse.wue.de/index.php?news=on&submittedid=45

Here's the translation service, guaranteed to be less funny than
babelfish ;).

Seems the guy that wrote the article didn't play the game himeself.
Later on he says himself that he does not like RPGs. That's why the
stuff he writes does no justice to Waste's Edge. The first part is a
summary of the Prologue
(http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/library/adonthell.shtml),
followed by a short installation instruction.

The last part is about the gameplay: here's the more or less literal
translation of the "highlights" (Seems the translation is _funny_ after
all :P)

"After starting a newew (just keeping the original typos) game you'll
find yourself in the garden of two homes, and as usual take over the
hero. With help of the arrow and space keys you'll have to guide him
through the levels to reach your goals.

Unfortunately RPG's aren't my favourites, but with a bit of time and
patience one should be able to manage the levels."

In the posts following the news items, they're mainly going on about how
nice a German translation would be :). So I guess our current plans
aren't too bad.

Anyway, it's cool they have noticed it and made that article, even if
the author got most of the facts wrong. Makes me think whether he has
troubles with the english language, but the prologue summery is retty
accurate OTOH.