Re: [Adonthell-general] Project promoting - Google ranks and such

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Project promoting - Google ranks and such
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:38:05 +0200

On 20 Apr 2002 21:18:06 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hi again everybody - be prepared for another one of my ramblings! ;)

Heh, actually I am doing some website improvements just now. Hope I can
get finished that stuff this evening (after running those window tests.

As far as the keywords go, that's a very good idea. Another thing Google
uses to rank a site is the number of links that point to that site from
other places. But that is harder to influence.

> Which reminds me: one constant in all the feedbacks we got is
> complains about the screen resolution. Do you think it'd be worth if I
> try to quickly hack some double-size screen option just for 0.3.3? We
> had that in 0.2 if I remember correctly. That way people could play in
> 640x480 and won't complain anymore, maybe! ;)

If it can be easily done. It might be neccessary, as I am not sure
whether you can run 320x240 under Windows at all. You can under DOS, but
I'm not sure about Windows.