Re: [Adonthell-general] Draft of Dwarven origins

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Draft of Dwarven origins
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:01:06 +0200

Andrew Phillips wrote

> Writers and everyone else, I've written a little something on how the
> (female) dwarves came into existence. It can be found at
> http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/dwarforigins.html
> This is a draft version, so I'm open to comments and suggestions. I
> also have to figure out how the fathers of the Dwarves came to be
> (without ripping off the Valaquenta). Your thoughts?

It's great :).

The only thing I would change is the line "High above the plains of
Adonthell rise the mountains."

Even though Adonthell is a sacred place of old, I doubt that theDwarves
came into being on a small island. Might be better to chose a place on
the mainland. Feel free to make one up.

It would also be interesting to know whether the myth has any influences
on todays dwarves. I don't imagine them to be religious people, but I
think they'd pay great attention to tradition and rituals (rite of
passage, burying ceremonies ...). While the text as such is already very
interesting, its consequences for the game (locations, items, dialogue,
quests) are of great importance. So if you've got any ideas in that
direction as well, lets hear them please :).