Re: [Adonthell-general] Ultima games

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Ultima games
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:31:12 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:52:33 -0500 Nathan Barnes wrote:

> I think 5 is still my favorite, but that may be because I prefer
> symbolic tiled interfaces to 3d.  It's probably similar to my freaky
> preference for reading over t.v.  %^P

Heh. I have no TV and hardly know where to put all my books ;).
Concerning Ultima 5 (and older), they put too much weight on battle for
my taste (unlike 7). 6 was much better in that respect, but I found the
interface was a bit awkward (typing in your responses in dialogues and
such).

I have to admit though that I played 7 I/II and 8 first, then started 4,
5 and 6 but never finished them for above reasons. So I was sorta
spoiled :).

Depending on your preferences you might like the old ones better than
the newer.