Re: Fwd: Re: [Adonthell-general] Problem compiling v0.3.3

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Adonthell-general] Problem compiling v0.3.3
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:54:51 +0100

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:42:30 +0100 Roland Häder wrote:

> > It requires libstdc++, but fails to link to it. As it's been a
> > while: have you already tried adding "-lstdc++' to the linker
> > arguments?
> Still not. un-install and re-install the libstdc++ will be much
> comfortable. :)
>

> > Also, do you have multiple versions of g++ installed that might
> > conflict?
> No, the GCC 3.0.x version is removed for now.

Well, as long as it's removed completely, this should be okay. Thing is,
the object format of g++-2.95 and g++-3 is different, so there might be
problems if you still have libs that came with g++-3.x around. Maybe a
re-install of all your dev-tools might help here.

> > Anyone else on the list any ideas?
> Sounds like: no. :(

Yeah, I don't really know what the problem might be. I browsed the web
for similar errors (and there are quite a few: just google for
"undefined reference to `cerr'"), but I haven't found anything where I'd
say "that's it!". But well, there are a few more people around here that
might know something I missed. Alex? Joel? Others?