Re: [Adonthell-general] A bug in Waste's Edge?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] A bug in Waste's Edge?
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:55:44 +0100

I forgot to tell you guys something about my experience in playing Waste's Edge- There was a strange bug. At the ending, where all the characters gather, instead of Lady Silverhair, I got the strange old chemist's sprite. Her face still appeared when she was supposed to talk, but the sprite wasn't her's. Next time I tried it, it was ok and her own sprite appeared.

Both Fellnir and Silverhair are supposed to appear in the final scene - maybe you mean there were two Fellnirs at the same time? Or maybe Silverhair just didn't managed to reach Bjarn's room. It happened sometimes, very rarely, but it did happen already. Nothing that is critical for the game, fortunately.

I don't know if such a thing might happen in 0.4, but if the same engine is being used, I propose that it should be checked, no?

0.4 is going to be very different - it look rather like a restart from scratch than an upgrade. Anyway 0.3 map engine won't be used anymore, so there's nothing to worry about for 0.4.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org