[Adonthell-general] Is Adonthell Round or Flat?

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Is Adonthell Round or Flat?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:02:10 -0500

This is something I've wondered about for a while now. Is Adonthell round or flat?

In terms of short-term gameplay, it doesn't seem to much matter, but it is interesting to me in terms of wider cosmography. Is Adonthell the only plane of existence? If it is not, how many other planes are there? What are they?

Specifically, do elemental planes exist? Do planes of alignment exist? I can't decide if the answer should be yes, but I can see how it might be yes. If planes of alignment do exist, it seems to me that each could be the final destination of characters who die in an alignment, and that characters might believe they exist whether they do or not.

In terms of celestial bodies that actually exist, I think there are three notable ones: the Sun (of course) and Adonthell's two moons, Khel and Elmoast. Khel is silver-blue and it thought of as a cold world. Elmoast is red and is thought of as a land full of fire and storms. Khel orbits Adonthell east to west and Elmoast orbits north to south.