Re: [Adonthell-general] Alpha or Beta?

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Alpha or Beta?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:12:39 -0500

/me defers to his betters as promised. :)

Andrew

On 6/7/06, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/7/06, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given the scope of our intended efforts for 0.4 - including much
> increased game and toolset functionality and - is it time to
> officially declare Beta-status on the project?

I would consider it beta once we release the next demo ... but then
again, my understanding of alpha, beta or final in regard to Adonthell
might differ from anybody else ;-). To me, its a measurement of
Adonthell's completion, so I'd say v0.4 is beta, as it should contain
most features, but will lack content (i.e. only one playable race,
etc).

Since v0.4 is still not complete however, I wouldn't change the rating
just yet. We're getting there slowly (animations are back already!),
so it's only a matter of time until it can be changed :-).