Re: Re [Adonthell-general] About translation

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: Re [Adonthell-general] About translation
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:11:58 +0200

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

>  BTW., dlgedit (the tool used to create the dialogues in the first
>  place) has an option to load a .mo file in order to preview each
>  translated line in context of the previous and following line. I have
>  to check, but the v0.4 version of dlgedit should be able to load the
>  v0.3 dialogues (found in the wastesedge CVS module under
>  scripts/dialogues/src). Alternatively, you could download an older
>  v0.3 source package where dlgedit build is still enabled (but new
>  enough to actually contain that feature). I"ll look more into that, as
>  I think this would be helpful for quality control. Playing the actual
>  game also works, but it'll be hard to see all the possible
>  combinations there.

In case you are interested:

Version 0.3.3 has a working dlgedit with the translation preview:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/adonthell/adonthell-src-0.3.3.tar.gz
Downside is, it requires GTK+ 1.2.x, which might be hard to come by these days.
configure with --enable-tools to actually build dlgedit.

As an alternative, I've just added the gettext support back to the
current v0.4 tool source tree (module tools in CVS). I also verified
that it can still load v0.3 dialogue sources.
This version of dlgedit uses GTK+ 2.x, but it also needs adonthell
v0.4 to be installed before it compiles.

Let me know, if more information on that topic is required.