Re: [Adonthell-general] Spanish translator

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Spanish translator
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:11:02 +0100

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Fernando <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Fernando,

a Spanish translation would be really great :-).

> I would be pleased to help, I really like this project you are working on,
> and I would like to contribute.

Thanks. Any kind of help is really appreciated!

> I'm not sure if there's anyone already working on it, but I've already
> started translating a bit of the wastesedge PO file (currently at 5%).

Since we're working with the translation project
(http://translationproject.org/html/welcome.html), I have to ask
whether you'd like to join the Spanish translation group
(http://translationproject.org/team/es.html) and provide the
translation via that way.

That's totally up to you, of course. We're happy to include
translations either way.

As for anything besides translation: we could use programmers, artists
and writers for the next installment, Dun Barethsol:
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Quests:Dun_Barethsol:Contents

As the engine for that is still in development, there isn't really
much effort to flush out characters, plot and locations ... but it
certainly wouldn't hurt to start with that. Dialogues could also be
written to some degree. That in turn might motivate programmers to
hurry up with the code :-).

The Spanish translation of Waste's Edge will be very useful too, as we
are planning to release an update that will contain more translations
(Danish already done, French half the way) and possibly compatibility
fixes for the new Python 3.0. No set release date though ... it'll be
done when it's done.

Cheers,