Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell 0.4 release when?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell 0.4 release when?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:10:17 +0200

2010/10/30 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

Hi Shirish!

> The last time I asked this question, the answer was by the end of the
> year.Would the waste's edge with some more story and the newer models
> be there in it or one has to wait for the Dun something game?

The next release will be Waste's Edge, but based on the v0.4 engine.
That means changed graphics, more polish and a few additional
features. Storywise it will be unchanged. You'll have to wait for Dun
Barethsol for something truly new.

As for the release date, there's some doubt that we'll manage to get
everything done by the end of the year. Only two months left and still
a lot to be done. Best you subscribe to adonthell-announce
(http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/adonthell-announce) and
you'll know that we're done the moment we're done :-).

> Frankly
> Waste's edge is much more easier to remember.

We're kind of following the "tradition" to name the game after a place
that plays a major role in the game. Since it's an ancient place of
Elvish origin this time, the title is going to reflect that. We refer
to it as DB, so it's not harder to remember than WE ;-).

> One of the other things I have been sort of waiting for is a newer
> website. The icons on the left-side of the site don't really tell me
> anything. I have to hover and get the name to know where I need to go,
> IMHO it is a downer. Any ETA when there would be a redesign to the
> site, if any?

I'd love to have it redesigned and the old/invalid content thrown out.
But there isn't anyone around to lend a hand with that. If somebody
wants to have a go, feel free!

> Lastly, saw the contact page and atleast one of the links is a
> deadlink. I tried Dreamtides and the webpage no longer exists.

Gotta remove that with the next news update then.