Re: [Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch -

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch - new problem
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:23:36 +0100

2011/11/16 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

No time to get on IRC right now, sorry. But maybe some advice that
gets you further.

> While adonthell compiled without an issue, adonthell-tools during
> configure stage itself says something like :-
>
> checking for ADONTHELL... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (adonthell >= 0.4.0) were not met:

That looks actually better. There's no adonthell installation anywhere
in a standard path. But somewhere in your home directory, you now have
the file adonthell.pc that pkg-config is looking for. From your
earlier mail I would guess /home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/pkgconfig
. Might be elsewhere if you did things differently since then. But you
should find the directory where it is. Once you did, point the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to that directory, i.e.

  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/pkgconfig

That should help.

Kai

P.S. In case it now stops finding GTK and such, you'll also need to
append the standard pkgconfig directory (usually /usr/lib/pkgconfig)