Re: [Adonthell-general] some stubs

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] some stubs
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:29:26 +0100

2011/11/17 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

>  Added few bits of info. to the tools page
>
> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools

You sure? It's empty.

> as well as made as Tools:Running page
>
> http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Running .

Neat :-).

> I am not really sure about the adonthell-tools bit on MS Windows so
> probably that could come either on top or bottom as well as perhaps
> for Mac OS (if somebody wants to do that).

Don't think those are that important. Unlike for Linux, it's fairly
simple to provide binary packages for those, so no real need to
compile. I'm just not spending time on building binaries right now,
since there are still too many changes to be done.

> One thing though, I didn't find any maps, isn't mapedit for making a
> map for a game. I didn't find/see any .amap files ?

Before the file extension change, maps where regular .xml files. They
still are XML, but with a distinguished extension it's much easier to
link them to a specific application, so that double-clicking opens the
right tool. But in the wastesedge repo, there's only the
redwyne-inn.xml map, which uses the older graphics and models. There's
no map using the new graphics yet, since not all of them are ready
yet.