aps-devel

Re: [aps-devel] From source?

From: Lalo Martins
Subject: Re: [aps-devel] From source?
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:33:41 -0200

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:24:22PM +0100, Wolfgang Jaehrling wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 07:03:18PM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:
> > You (plural) seem to be planning to host some portion of the development on
> > GNU/Linux, so rest assured there *will* be a Linux port of aps.
>
> What does developing some components on GNU/Linux have to do with a
> port to GNU/Linux?

We will want to have enough working on GNU/Linux to do some testing.  That
will sum up, I believe, most of the system.  Then someone (me probably)
might just as well port the rest so that we can do the best kind of testing
possible, which is what Mozilla devs call "eating your own dogfood".

> I would hope that the GNU system uses the `dmd' program I am writing
> for service management.  The name stands for `Daemon Managing Daemons'
> (or `Daemons-Managing Daemon', I'm not sure).  I will release a new
> version of it in a few days.

Three cheers to you for tackling this.

[]s,
                                               +----