Errors regarding aspell

From: John Haggerty
Subject: Errors regarding aspell
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:59:43

Hello I have tried to compile aspell with egcs snapshot 19990314 and get
the following errors
c++ -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/aspell\" -I../ -g -O2 -c -fPIC -DPIC
spell.cc
aspell/i_iterator.hh: In method `const class type_info &
virtual_forward_iterator_proxy<Value,Ref,Pointer,Difference>::id() const':
In file included from aspell/i_data.hh:8,
                 from aspell/aspell.hh:10,
                 from spell.cc:2:
aspell/i_iterator.hh:149: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid
I then thought that I might use the the precompiled version so I downloaded
the rpm and converted it to .tar.gz format with rpm2targz. I then installed
the resulting tar file. Howver when I tried to run it I get the following
error:
address@hidden bliss]$ aspell
aspell: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __vt_3ios
address@hidden bliss]$
Is there anything to do ? Is my compiler too modern? Could this error be
fixed easily. Anyone got this to work?
Another question is there a simple mail address to send messages to instead
of the web interface? Would be nice!