[aspell] Working prerelease for Aspell on Alpha

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell] Working prerelease for Aspell on Alpha
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:01:46 -0500 (EST)

I have just uploaded a prerelease of aspell to
ftp://aspell.sourceforge.net/pub/aspell/aspell-.29.1pre1.tar.gz.

This version has the reworked read-only word list and should now be able
compile and run on the alpha with gcc 2.95.

If you have problems with an undefined symbol is aspell.o add the line
  template crope
somewhere after the includes in src/aspell.cc and send me an email so that
I know your platform had a problem with it.

Because this is a prerelease of an alpha version of aspell I STRONGLY
recommend that you do not install it over an older version. Instead use
  ./configure --prefix=<dir>
where dir is say /usr/local/aspell-.29pre1/ to install it in its own
subdirectly where it can be uninstalled by just typing "rm -r ...".

Please try it out and let me know.

---
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden