[aspell] aspell unusable despite all install methods

From: Richard Sims
Subject: [aspell] aspell unusable despite all install methods
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:29:11 -0400

Under Linux Redhat 6.1 I've installed pspell and aspell via both RPM
methods and source methods,
according to all the directions that exist. Regardless of method,
attempting to thereafter invoke aspell
results in error:
          Sorry, I can't read the file "/usr/local/lib/aspell/english
This message seems to emanate from a /usr/lib ispell library - which
should have nothing to do
with invoking aspell.

I've searched the aspell archives but find no prior mention of this.
If anyone has any suggestions, please email me directly.

    thanks,  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT     address@hidden