Re: [aspell] Correct format of the dictionary files

From: Björn Jacke
Subject: Re: [aspell] Correct format of the dictionary files
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:55:53 +0100

On 2001-01-02 at 09:58 +0200 Togan Muftuoglu sent off:
> They both seem to work yet my question is which one has an advantage

it shouldn't make any difference.

> 2) I have downloaded the phonet-utils.tar.gz file however the phonetlist
> utility seems to be buggy. It does not except a list of words and it
> just works like the phonet.

be careful, the phonet-utils still work the same way as I once
implemented the phonetic stuff for aspell. In the meantime however Kevin
did some changes to the transformation code in aspell so that it is a
bit different from the phonet-util implementation.

> #phonetlist turkish_phonetic.dat list
> gives me back the phonetic of the word list while list contains
> approximatelt 10.000 words . Am I doing this wrong

What do you mean?  What did you do?

--
Björn Jacke ·  E-Mail: address@hidden
SuSE GmbH   ·  Schanzäckerstr. 10  ·  90443 Nürnberg  ·  Germany