[aspell-user] freezes emacs with latex document

From: Nicholas Lewin-Koh
Subject: [aspell-user] freezes emacs with latex document
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:38:08 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi,
I am running aspell from emacs on win98. I have the following setup
emacs-20.7  fullbinary distribution
aspell-.33.5-win32-i386

and this is the hook in my .emacs file
(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

aspell works beautifully on "normal" text files, but when I try selecting
check-buffer on a latex document emacs freezes up, and I have to do the
famous MS three finger salute to kill everything, and then reboot %P
I know the obvious solution is to switch to a stable operating system
(linux) but....
Anyway aspell works fine on latex documents from the command line, so i am
not sure if this is even an aspell problem.

Any help appeciated,
Thanks

Nicholas

                 CH3