[aspell-help] Solaris Compile Problem

From: Darren Nay
Subject: [aspell-help] Solaris Compile Problem
Date: Tue Oct 2 11:44:03 2001

Hello All,

I am trying to install aspell on my Solaris 8 Intel server, and having a
few problems.

I have already installed pspell without any issues, it worked great.

When I run ./configure this is the ouput that I get:

checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
C++ compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I have also checked the config.log file, and this is what I see there:

configure:1588: checking whether the C++ compiler works
configure:1594: ./a.out
ld.so.1: ./a.out: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
configure:1597: $? = 137
configure:1604: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I have checked for the existence of libstdc++.so.2.10.0 and it does exist
in /usr/local/lib.  I then added the following env vars:

CC=gcc
CXX=g++
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

However, I still get the same error when running ./configure.  Does anyone
know why I would be getting this error? Or why the compiler is unable to
find libstdc++.so.2.10.0 even when the LDFLAGS env var is set correctly.

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Darren Nay - address@hidden