[aspell-help] russian support

From: Vadim Zaliva
Subject: [aspell-help] russian support
Date: Mon Oct 29 11:37:02 2001

Hi!

I've built RPM of aspell Russian dictionary (the one which is listed on
your www site). This RPM should install and work fine with 'aspell'
included with RedHat linux 7.2. I can give it to you so perhaps you can
provide it on your site.

It works fine if LANG environment is set or --language-tag=ru option is
given on command line. However quite oftern I have texts in russian with
some quotes paragrapgs in english. So ideally I would like my spell
checker to check using Russian and English dictinaries. I was playing with
various combinations of 'master, add-dict, lang, lanuage-tag' options in
the .aspell.conf file with no luck. At the end I get either:

Sorry the language "english" is not the same as the current language which
is ru".

or

Sorry the language "ru" is not the same as the current language which is
english".

Error message. Please advise how can I set up aspell to work the way I
want.

Sincerely,
Vadim

--
;; Vadim Zaliva                     + Those who do not understand Unix  +