Re: [aspell-user] other language

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen
Subject: Re: [aspell-user] other language
Date: Mon Jan 28 04:55:02 2002

Mark Jaroski wrote:

> I'd really like to be able to check two languages at
> once, since I'm writing up a set of langdrill .drill
> files for english/french, and would rather spell check
> them in one pass than to have to hit "ignore" over and
> over again for words on one side of the "="...

I am almost certain that that's impossible with Aspell. One
possible option is to use a program similar to `pospell`[1]
to split the texts into French and English parts, spell
check each part separately, and merge the checked parts.

Jacob

1) I thing `pospell` was written by Byrial Jensen (at least
   by a dane), but I can not remember the address of its web
   site.
--
The great LEGO building competition of the year:
              http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/