Re: [Aspell-user] "No word lists can be found . . "

From: Thorsten Maerz
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] "No word lists can be found . . "
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:42:05 +0100

Hi Neil,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:42:31 -0800 Neil Hodge <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have aspell and the dictionaries installed, but when I try to do a test
> using the following command:
>
> aspell --set-prefix check README
>
> I get the response
>
> Error: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US"

The wordlists are meant to be located under following dirs:
  aspell config data-dir
  aspell config dict-dir

>From your X-Mailer header I assume you talk about the win32
port. In this case, point the installer of the wordlist to
the same directory as aspell.

Also take a look at the docs, local or at
http://savannah.gnu.org/download/aspell/manual/user/4_Customizing.html

Regards,
--
Thorsten Maerz          <address@hidden>