[Aspell-user] Aspell/pspell with PHP question

From: Maurice Rickard
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell/pspell with PHP question
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:43:01 -0500

I've had a successful build and install (as in "pages are being served and database connections work") of Aspell 0.50.3 and PHP 4.3.0 on both MacOS X (as an Apache module) and FreeBSD (as a CGI), but, having done so, I find that I get the undefined function error when I try to use any pspell functions.

I've run Aspell from the command line, and found that Aspell does indeed work, so my most likely culprit seems to be my PHP configuration. In doing the config, I found that '--with-pspell' didn't work--config would stop, telling me it "couldn't find pspell." So I then tried --with-pspell-dir=./ext/pspell, which gave me successful compiles and installs, but seems to have done nothing to allow me to use pspell functions.

I've since tried several different paths for the pspell dir value, and found that--however stupid--they all give me successful configs and builds, as long as I have *some* value there. The only problem is that inability to actually *use* pspell.

I know that this is more of a PHP issue than an Aspell issue, but I wanted to ask here in the event that anyone else has run into this kind of thing and resolved it.

Any ideas?   Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/