[Aspell-user] Spell Checking HTML files

From: Roy Shea
Subject: [Aspell-user] Spell Checking HTML files
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:28:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am running Aspell .33.7.1 alpha on a Redhat 8.0 distro.  This is a fresh
install, so it is running with the rpms configuration.  Checking works
fine on playing text files.  Sadly, I am having a bit of trouble checking
html files.  Running:

aspell check index.html

Results in a process that never seems to return.  Bummer!  I tried looking
over the strace results of this.  The following is a copy of where things
seem to turn sour:

open("/usr/share/aspell/SGML&iso8859-1.map", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)
brk(0x807a000)                          = 0x807a000
brk(0x807b000)                          = 0x807b000
brk(0x807c000)                          = 0x807c000

After this point, I simply see a lot of brks with the occasional mmap2 and
munmap.  This continues on until I kill the process.  So far, I have not
let this go on much longer than an hour.

It seems to me that aspell is trying to open the SGML map and the
iso8859-1 map or a hybrid of the two.  I am not sure what the & does for
the open command.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great evening!
-Roy