[Aspell-user] Personal word list update

From: Maurice Rickard
Subject: [Aspell-user] Personal word list update
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:08:35 -0500

I've found that I *can* add to the personal word list by processing a file calling Aspell from the command line, and adding words by manually choosing the add option. And I've found that once I add them, they're recognized by Aspell when I call it through the pipe. So I'm halfway to where I want to be.

The remaining question is this: how can I add words to the word list when I call Aspell through the pipe? The manual seems to suggest that feeding Aspell a file consisting of the words I want to add, one on each line, preceded by a *, should automatically add them. Am I misreading this? Is there some other way of doing this, say in one line from the command line, without having to interact with Aspell manually?

Thanks!
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/