[Aspell-user] /usr/share/dict/words -> dictionary

From: Jon Drukman
Subject: [Aspell-user] /usr/share/dict/words -> dictionary
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:47:46 -0800

ok i apologize in advance for what is undoubtedly the #1 FAQ but i just cannot find this info anywhere in the manual, the mailing list archives, or the source distribution. pointers are welcome.

how do i use /usr/share/dict/words (redhat linux 7) as my english dictionary (en or en_US?)

my aspell installation is in /opt. i tried creating "/opt/share/aspell/en.awli" with the single line: /usr/share/dict/words in it, but all i get when running aspell is a core dump (that shouldn't happen, should it?)

is there a better (freely available for commercial use) english dictionary anywhere?

-jsd-