[Aspell-user] Setting up aspell with PINE on Mac w/ Panther 10.3.2

From: Ananth Anthes
Subject: [Aspell-user] Setting up aspell with PINE on Mac w/ Panther 10.3.2
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:49:14 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Marino Miculan wrote:>
> % /bin/bash configure
> % make
> % sudo make install
>
> -marino

Thanks.  After I completed those commands successfully in the Terminal, I
tried to enable aspell in PINE.  So under PINE in the Setup>Config speller,
I have:

"aspell --mode=email check" listed under the speller line in the PINE
configuration like the manual says.  But when I try to do a spell check in
PINE I get the following message:

"[ Alternate speller terminated abnormally (255) ]"

Does the compiled Aspell folder need to be in a particular location on my
hard drive?  Or any ideas on how I can get aspell to work in PINE now that
it is compiled successfully?  Thanks.