Re: [Aspell-user] Win32 Release and Limited Users

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Win32 Release and Limited Users
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:43:38 +0200

Hi
Am Freitag, 30. April 2004 02:53 schrieb Carlos Jourdan Gadelha Vieira:
> I recently tried to install Aspell under winxp, with the intention of
> using it with Opera 7.5b. However, I stumbled on the fact that it only
> works if the user has write access to the folder where aspell is installed
> (which is not wanted, in my case).
>       Is this something related to Opera usage, or is it an know issue for
> Aspell? Is there any solution?
Hm as i do not own any M$ Windows i can only sugest:
Have you tried to edit global configuration file so that personal files and
other files beeing used by aspell on a per user basis are searche in the
users home directory see --personal  and other parameters of aspell.
Have you tried to add a local configuration file in each users home directory
?? which schould be the more prefered way to change aspell settings?
Manual and Readme and Install files in aspell package or aspell program dir
wait for beeing read ( Just a hint)
cu
Christoph