[Aspell-user] PHP, Aspell 0.50+, dictionary location

From: J/
Subject: [Aspell-user] PHP, Aspell 0.50+, dictionary location
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:57:27 -0700

This is rather odd.  I installed a custom version of aspell so I could use my
own dictionaries.  This used to work.  Recently my host installed a new copy of
aspell.   Now, no matter how I configure PHP it uses the dictionaries from the
new copy of aspell.

In an attempt to get around this problem I had them create a link from where
their copy expects aspell dictionaries to be located, to my custom dictionary
location.  Now aspell can't find the dictionaries at all.  Apparently it can't
resolve the linked dictionary directory to the correct location -- which I
thought would be the responsibility of the file system.

Any suggestions on how to get PHP to use my custom dictionaries rather than the
ones associated with the system install of aspell would be great.

I thought of using AWLI, but I can't figure out how to do that -- keeps
throwing back that the file isn't formatted correctly.

Thanks.

J/