[Aspell-user] cocoAspell and Emacs

From: Till A. Heilmann
Subject: [Aspell-user] cocoAspell and Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:55:17 +0200

Hi everybody

I use a Carbon enhanced Emacs (GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0) and cocoAspell (Version 1.4.2, 0.33.7.1).

Manual spell checking and flyspell mode work just fine.

The problem is the dictionary: I write my texts in German and can change to the according dictionary ("deutsch8") by doing

M-x ispell-change-dictionary

in the mini-buffer alright.

But I can't set "deutsch8" as my default dictionary in the Emacs configuration file...

(setq-default ispell-program-name "~/Library/PreferencePanes/Spelling.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/ cocoAspell") (setq ispell-library-directory "~/Library/PreferencePanes/Spelling.prefPane/Contents/Resources/lib/ aspell/")
(require 'ispell)
(ispell-change-dictionary "deutsch8")

... does nothing for me. Emacs defaults to the English dictionary everytime I start it.

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Regards
--
Till A. Heilmann