Re: [Aspell-user] Newbie trying to install aspell

From: Ivan Villanueva
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Newbie trying to install aspell
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:47:41 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 10:16:04AM -0400, Albert Banks wrote:
> I have root access to our linux web server and would like to install
> aspell for use in a web application.  I have downloaded the following
> files:
>
> aspell-0.60.2.tar.gz
> aspell6-en-6.0-0.tar.bz2
>
> I have read the generic install instructions in the online manual, but
> it I am relatively new to unix and need more detailed instructions
> including where to upload the files and how to untar and run the
> install.  I hope you can help.

If you have Linux Debian in your server. The next command (as root) should
download and install everything automatically:

apt-get install aspell-en

If not Debian, probably your distribution has something similar for it,
which is the preferred way to install software in linux.

If you need to install it manually (from sources), ask again saying why.

Iván.