Re: [Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accept hyphen

From: Michael Bunk
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accept hyphens
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:59:14 +0530

Hi Kevin,

> See check_document in examples/example-c.c for a usage example.

Done.

> All it means is that you should't split a line up in the middle of
> the word for example "don" "'t" "do th" "is".

OK. Maybe we can add this to the comment. Also the comment of
aspell_speller_check() should say that this function should not be
used directly in favour of DocumentChecker, because then tokenization
is taken care of by aspell.

Regarding "creating documentation with some automated tool" as I have
read in the texinfo documentation, I think this is not required for
the API. Revising and extending the comments in aspell.h should be
enough.

Though I'd like to help you with documenting the API, the problem I
have (and probably most people as well who don't know the API yet and
would refer to its documentation to learn more) is that I don't know
the API yet so I wouldn't know what to write into the documentation.

Possibly an automated tool is required to generate docs for aspell
internals...

As a start, I can revise the comments (and spelling...) in
auto/mk-src.in

Kindest regards,
 Michael