Re: [Aspell-user] How to undo? - added mispelled word to 'learn'

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] How to undo? - added mispelled word to 'learn'
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:39:11 -0500

> I accidentally pressed the 'learn' button
> for a misspelled word
>
> "anounced"
> which of course should be "announced"
>
> Is it possible to fix this?
> Please let me know what can done.
>
> I'm using Latest Version: GNU Aspell-0.50.3 (win32)
> 0.50-2 english dictionary

Hi Tim,

Since the aspell utility does not have a learn button, I suspect
that you have an application that uses aspell for it's spell
checker. You should mention the application name when you ask for
help.

The usual way aspell learns new words is by adding them to the
users personal dictionary. You need to find that file and edit
out the misspelled word.

What is the file name of the personal dictionary and where is it
located? By default it should be in your home directory with file
name en.pws. If that is not it, look for the aspell.conf file and
look for assignments for the keys personal-path and
personal-path. You can also, if you have the aspell utility, dump
out the configuration settings with the command 'aspell config
>out.lis'.

Best of luck,
Gary