Re: VC++ Port (was RE: [Aspell-user] GNU Aspell 0.60.4 Released)

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: VC++ Port (was RE: [Aspell-user] GNU Aspell 0.60.4 Released)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:48:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Atkinson" <address@hidden>
To: "Naomi Proctor" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "Gary Setter"
<address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:49 AM
Subject: VC++ Port (was RE: [Aspell-user] GNU Aspell 0.60.4
Released)

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Naomi Proctor wrote:
>
> > If my understanding is correct, it is possible to build
Aspell on
> > Windows platforms with MinGW there is
> > just no port for VC++ - is this correct??
>
> Please do not post questions like this to anything other than
aspell-user
> (you also posted to aspell-devel and aspell-announce).
>
> To answer your question there is an unofficial port at
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/.  The info in the README is
slightly out of
> date.  Gary Setter (address@hidden) is still working
on it.
> Hopefully he can give you more uptodate info.

You are invited to check out
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary It makes use of
aspell for its spell checking and it makes use of my windows port
of aspell 0.60.3. It is only alpha version, but I'm interested in
feedback and so on.

I only have VC6. I do not know for a fact how compatible the CVS
version of  Aspell is with higher version of VC. VC2003 might
compile aspell code with ease, I don't know.

If you or anyone on the list has CVS up and running on I'm
interested in whether you are getting a successful build.
best regards,
Gary