[Aspell-user] Aspell on Solaris 10

From: Veronika Lenzi
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell on Solaris 10
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:22:34 -0800

We just upgraded some of our servers (we are running on a unix platform) to
Solaris 10.  When executing aspell via a perl script, I get the following
error:
ld.so.1: aspell: fatal: relocation error: file aspell: synbol
__1cHacommonECERR_: reference symbol not found

I discovered that when I add /usr/local/lib as one of the paths to the
environement variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH  I get this error.  I don't get the
error on Solaris 8 or 9.

I've been told that maybe all we need to do is recompile aspell.

Has anyone had this problem, and is the recompiation the fix????

Thank you,
Veronika