Re: [Aspell-user] Re: Feedback on our approach to Arabic

From: Ethan Bradford
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Re: Feedback on our approach to Arabic
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:40:17 -0800

It's somewhat beyond my current scope to find out which words are archaic -- I'm just going with Tim Buckwalter's decisions.

However, your suggestion about multi dictionaries can help with another difficulty for Arabic.  In its most formal form, vowels and other pronounciation hints are added, but normally they aren't.  I hate to claim that the other way is wrong, but can't think of a way to do that with a general dictionary.

Instead, your suggestion makes me think I can create a formal dictionary and an informal dictionary, and let the user choose which to use with the multi file.