Re: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter "tex" does notexist

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter "tex" does notexist
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:53:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maki 1sy8" <address@hidden>
To: "Gary Setter" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter
"tex" does notexist

On 4/12/06, Gary Setter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Gary,

Your static_filters.src.cpp doesn't look very good to me.

I knew you'd say that !! But I can't see why this file got stuck
in the gen/
subdir and why it stayed that way.

In the tar ball I downloaded (aspell-0.60.4.tar.gz 11/1/05) I had
> several amf files under this directory.
> aspell-0.60.4/modules/filter/mode/
> Please take a look at a listing of your tar archive and see if
> you have them. You may need to reinstall.
>
> Btw, I had a problem installing under cygwin. The parts of the
> script that piped to the sort function hung on me. When I
removed
> strings like "| sort", I had a successful build. Keep in mind
I'm
> working from a memory that is not always reliable!

I didn't see anything of the like when I installed it.

You ask what changes I made to Aspell. Good changes! Mostly my
> changes were to make it compile with VC6 and Borlands BCB5.5.
> Mostly, Aspell is a text application that depends on clib and
> making it compatible with popular compilers makes it much more
> useful. I also made my own library functions for parsing the
text
> to be checked. See aspell_speller_word_seperator_length() and
> aspell_speller_word_length().

Is it easy to integrate with Emacs ? Does it compile within
cygwin ?
 --- Reply 13 Apr 06 ---
Hi Maki,
By now you have read the message from Hr. Hintermüller. Pardon my
confusing *.amf files with the *filter.info files, which are the
source of you static_filters.src.cpp file. I checked, those files
are in the tar file as well.
So what happened? Did you reinstall? Did it work?

I'm not sure that there is an advantage of using my version of
Aspell when working with Emacs. I don't use Emacs myself. If it
pipes the text to be checked to the aspell.exe, the results
should be the same. If you have the time and the curiosity, I
included a cygwin.mak file to compile my version with g++.

Best regards,
Gary