[Aspell-user] Considering a known word to be misspelled..

From: Judd Maltin
Subject: [Aspell-user] Considering a known word to be misspelled..
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:12:53 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm preparing some text for machine analysis, and I need to (a) do a normal spellcheck and (b) mark certain common words with special endings. I'm hoping to use aspell's ncurses checker to also accomplish (b). I'd need, for example, the word "know," when encountered, to be offered replacements of "knowAFF" and "know". I only have about six of those types of words that need to be so tagger. I'm reading through the docs, and trying a few things, but I'm having trouble imagining how to do this with aspell. Also, if it's not possible, how might I do it with another GNU software package.

Your help is deeply appreciated,
-judd