Re: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell Win32 without administrativeprivileg

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell Win32 without administrativeprivileges
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:31:21 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cédric Martínez Campos" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 1:45 PM
Subject: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell Win32 without
administrativeprivileges

Hi! I think the subject of my message is quite explanatory, how
can I
install Aspell Win32 without administrative privileges? Since the
registry keys

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Aspell

can't be created without administrative priviles, other programs
doesn't
kown where aspell dlls are.

There is any way bypass this problem? I'm trying to use Aspell
Win32 with
the LaTeX IDE Winshell. Thanks for your suggestions.

--- Reply ----

Good day sir,

Did you bring this problem to the Winshell people? You might
suggest that they install the DLL with the executable. The
LoadLibrary function first looks to the directory from which the
application was launched to find the DLL, and that is the safest
place to put them.

Hope that helps,
Gary Setter