[Aspell-user] Return edit distance for suggestions?

From: Philip Zigoris
Subject: [Aspell-user] Return edit distance for suggestions?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:18:58 -0700

Hello,

It would be really useful in my application if it was possible to get the string edit distance (SED) for all of the suggestions returned by aspell.

Also, is it possible to alter the parameters of the string edit distance function? For instance, tweak the cost of swapping letters or inserting or deleting certain characters?

Currently I have my own implementation that lets me do this, but it seems like aspell is already doing a lot of this work in the process so i might as well not waste any time.

Thanks,
phil z