[Aspell-user] personal word list failing

From: Kabak, Amanda
Subject: [Aspell-user] personal word list failing
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:38:23 -0400

I've created a personal word list containing the names of all the employees in our company. The file has a format of:

personal_ws-1.1 en 100
Aaron
Abby
Abrams
Ackerman
Adkins

etc.

is named .aspell.en.pws, and lives in the dict directory of my win32 install. I first created this file with a list of dummy words to ensure that it worked. It did.

Now, when I limit this file to a certain number of words, it works correctly when integrated with my project. However, when I add even one more word to the list, it makes the entire spell check process fail. Right now I have 57 words in the list, and the 58th word fails. I can change existing words in the list and replace them with others, and that works fine, but adding doesn't. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? I can't imagine I'm running into a word limit with the kinds of counts I'm dealing with, but I don't know what else to think. Let me know if you need any additional information

Amanda Kabak

Bingham McCutchen LLP Circular 230 Notice: To ensure compliance with IRS requirements, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Any legal advice expressed in this message is being delivered to you solely for your use in connection with the matters addressed herein and may not be relied upon by any other person or entity or used for any other purpose without our prior written consent.