[Aspell-user] using multiple dictionaries at the same time

From: Neo Neo
Subject: [Aspell-user] using multiple dictionaries at the same time
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:19:05 +0100

Hi,

I would like to use multiple dictionaries (English and French) at the same time with aspell.

The documention leads me to believe that this is possible using the --add-extra-dict
option.

But doing so, I get the error, "Error: Expected language "en" but got "fr""?

I've read the past postings on this, which say that aspell can only support a single language, but then why does it say on the website that "Other advantages over Ispell include support for using multiple dictionaries at once and intelligently handling personal dictionaries when more than one Aspell process is open at once."

Thanks for any suggestions.