[Aspell-user] Compiling / Creating an rws file for Aspell

From: John Cage
Subject: [Aspell-user] Compiling / Creating an rws file for Aspell
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

With my current Apache, MySQL, HTML, PHP setup, I've incorporated Speller Pages & Aspell5 - it works great but I need to get the bad language addressed (i.e. 'fuck' etc).  Can someone point me to a good Windows based utility for compiling an .rws file to replace my existing one?

I'm looking at two files that I believe hold the key here - One called en_US-only.rws (139 kb in size) and the other called en-only.rws (3,951 kb in size).

Some of the language in choice of replacement words is too strong and likely too offensive to allow so I'd love to recompile an rws list without some of those words but am unfamiliar with rws file extensions and what it takes to recreate the replacement for what I've got with Aspell5.

thanks for any help,
john