[Aspell-user] British-ize dictionary wrongly accepts analyze and rejects

From: Trevor Spiteri
Subject: [Aspell-user] British-ize dictionary wrongly accepts analyze and rejects analyse
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:00:35 +0200

Hello,

The british-ize dictionary correctly accepts organize, organization, catalyse, analysis, but it wrongly accepts analyze and rejects analyse. Analyze is an American word.

The Oxford English dictionary prefers -ize over -ise, so it prefers organize from organise. However, -yse is the only British option, -yze is American. This is also described in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-ise

I do not know if there are any similar words which are checked incorrectly.

How do I make the british-ize dictionary accept analyse and reject analyze?

Thank you.

Trevor Spiteri

--
Trevor Spiteri <address@hidden>