[Aspell-user] Question regarding aspell

From: Olof Ahlén
Subject: [Aspell-user] Question regarding aspell
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:39:02 +0100

Hello Mr Atkinson,

My name is Olof Ahlén, I'm a college student in Sweden.
I came across your excellent program - aspell - and would like to
firstly corgratulate you for your fine work. I have one question
regarding the software though.
I am in need of creating a list of all the correctly spelled words in
a text file. Assume that the file words.txt contains the following:

car
shopp
school
stuudent
life

My first guess was to use the clean option, although I'm not entirely
sure what it does. I understand that it reads from stdin, so I tried
the following:
aspell clean < words.txt
Sadly, that only echoed what's in words.txt, and didn't filter out any words.
My next hope was the list option. That will give me a list of all the
misspelled words and I thought that somewhere in the source code I
could manage to inverse the spell checking so that the list option
will give a list of correctly spelled words. So, I've been trying back
and forth changing booleans in the source code and compiling, but
without any luck.
Is there any chance that you could help me out and tell me what to
change in the source code, or perhaps if the clean option does the
work, tell me what I'm doing wrong?

With Best Regards
Olof Ahlén, Sweden