[Aspell-user] Config file under Windows?

From: Ciarán Ó Duibhín
Subject: [Aspell-user] Config file under Windows?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:53:50 -0000

I'm just starting out trying Aspell under Windows Vista, and can't get a configuration file going.

Take the option to backup or not as an example.  The default is to backup.  Now, if I put --dont-backup on the command line, it works, no backup is made.  My command line is in the following batch file of two lines:

"C:\Program Files\Aspell\bin\aspell"     check     --dont-backup     testaspell.txt
PAUSE
But I haven't succeeded in doing the same thing via a configuration file.  I run the following batch file of two lines:

"C:\Program Files\Aspell\bin\aspell"     check     --per-conf   "C:\Program Files\Aspell\data\aspell.cnf"     --conf   "C:\Program Files\Aspell\data\aspell.cnf"   testaspell.txt
PAUSE
and I have a file    aspell.cnf    in folder  C:\Program Files\Aspell\data   containing the line    backup  false
but the backup is still made.

There is no information about whether my nominated configuration file has been found and opened or not.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?  Many thanks.