[Aspell-user] Background cmd line automation of Aspell

From: dlheim
Subject: [Aspell-user] Background cmd line automation of Aspell
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:26:23 -0500

I am unfamiliar with Aspell, but believe that it has potential to replace
an old dos spell.exe that I use to check stand alone ASCII Text files.
The syntax for spell.exe is : spell.exe dictionary_file_words outputfile.txt
The dictionary is just a simple text file with a list of correctly spelled words.
I can repeat the execution os spell.exe against as many lists as I want - including a
personal list of words.

The outputfile is the list of misspelled words.

We always run this in the backround against an ASCII text file. No GUI involved.

Currently working on Win XP 32bit.

The problem is, we are moving to 64bit XP and the old dos program will not work.

Can someone help me with installation of aspell and an english dictionary as well as directions
for getting an output file of misspelled words?

Thanks,
Dave

David L. Heim
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Specialized Systems

Enterprise Tool Integration - Hardware Design Support

Rockwell Collins, Inc.

400 Collins Road NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498
Mail Stop: 125-100

Email: address@hidden
Phone: (319) 295-8616    Cel: (319) 431-6517
Home: (319) 373-2279