[Aspell-user] w32 aspell and emacs

From: Ed C.
Subject: [Aspell-user] w32 aspell and emacs
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:41:14 -0600

aspell gurus:

I have downloaded:
aspell -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.5)

and put in c:\gnu\bin
along with other gnuw32 utilities.
In that same subdirectory is aspell-15.dll and the .exe and tar.bz2
downloads for the English and Latin dictionaries.

I have the custom variable in .emacs:
 '(ispell-program-name "c:\\gnu\\bin\\aspell")

Aspell can't seem to find either the en or la dictionaries even though I
installed them in the default locations (C:\gnu). What is the standard
subdirectory structure relative to aspell.exe (dicts, lib, data,
etcetera) I think most of my problems are coming from the fact that I
first used the 0.50 exe installer and then tried to install the unpacked
0.60 files. Is there a w32 installer for the 0.60 version also?

Thanks,

Ed